My friends over at Geek Girl Soup asked some of their associates (including me!) for thoughts and predictions about the final season of True Blood. I cobbled together twenty one predictions.
Rather than have you stare at that wall of text, here’s the short list, the Too Long; Didn’t Read version.
- The feral vampires from the end of last season will only be a problem for the first half of this final season.
- Sookie won’t end up with Bill, Eric, Alcide, or Sam.
- Sam will kill at least one supernatural creature that isn’t a vampire, werewolf, shifter, or maenad.
- We won’t see Sookie in her waitress outfit more than two episodes (if at all!)
- Despite the promo picture of Sookie crying blood, she will not be turned into a vampire this season.
- In the second half of the season, someone from a new Authority will have a meeting with Bill.
- Those really ugly faeries from a few seasons ago (the evil ones who were trying to keep Sookie from returning to the real world) will be back.
- Eric isn’t dead, but he was badly hurt by the flames and had to take his sweet time recovering. (This is perhaps the easiest prediction to make.)
- Jason’s vampire mistress/enslaver will get staked.
- Jason and Jessica will end up together.
- Pam, Tara, and Hoyt’s mom will die. (Not necessarily together, or for the same reasons. I’m just dropping the boom on some characters.)
- Lafayette will use his powers to talk to Terry Bellefleur.
- Lafayette will survive the season.
- Hoyt will return to Bon Temps.
- Sarah Newlin will not survive the season as a human, so she’ll either be killed or turned.
- Any plot involving werewolves will be super-boring, unless the werewolves are killing feral vampires.
- Andy Bellefleur will end up with a human wife and a fae wife.
- At the very end of the season, there won’t be any vampires anymore (or the active vampire population will be a number on the decline.)
- Why so few vampires? I’m predicting a cure for vampirism.
- If there is a cure for vampirism, faerie blood will end up being the key.
- If not a cure, then there will be a vampire retreat from human society. (Hedging my bets, yo.)
Some of these things are items I just want to see, some I’ve given some thought to, and some are just crackpotty to fill out the list. After the season’s over, we’ll see how well I scored.
(Not in a Jason Stackhouse manner of scoring.)
Images from HBO’s True Blood.
I make no claims to the images, but some claims to the text here. So there.
© Patrick Sponaugle 2014 Some Rights Reserved